How Sick Will I Get If I Get COVID-19? Frankly, no one really knows, which is why this virus is so scary. Many people have experienced very mild symptoms and many have experienced lethal symptoms after being diagnosed with the virus. According to most medical experts, though, most people who get COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and can fully recover at home without requiring special treatment. However, symptom severity can increase if you have an underlying health condition like heart disease, diabetes or cancer, which makes it even more important to stay safe when out of the home.
Ways to Prevent Unnecessary Risk
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Avoid close contact with others who aren’t in your immediate household.
- Wear a face mask over your nose and mouth in public.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
What Comes Next After Testing Positive?If you’ve tested positive for the coronavirus, it’s essential to isolate at home for at least 10 days or until your symptoms have lessened. In terms of helping your body recover from the virus, experts state that extensive recovery measures aren’t usually necessary unless you experience severe symptoms like new confusion, severe shortness of breath or low blood pressure. Follow some of the suggestions that we’ve listed below to help your body effectively recover.
Easy Ways to Heal from COVID-19
- Drink lots of water.
- Stop exercising and allow your body to rest.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Take over-the-counter medications, such as acetaminophen, when needed.
- Take lukewarm baths. This can help boost circulation and help the body regulate temperature back to normal if you have a fever.
- Eat meals consisting of vitamins and nutrients instead of unhealthy comfort foods.