How Much Water Should I Drink a Day? Experts recommend drinking around a gallon of water a day. Now, we know the thought of consuming a gallon of liquid in one day might seem impossible, but it’s not. As a guide, aim for drinking eight, 8-ounce cups of water a day. While 64 ounces of water is about half a gallon and not quite hitting the recommended intake of water, it’s a great guide to help get you started toward a life of adequate hydration.
How to Make Sure You’re Drinking Enough
- Keep a bottle of water with you throughout the day.
- When you’re feeling hungry, drink water.
- Make a point to drink a glass of water before starting work.
- Drink water with your meals instead of soda.
What If I Don’t Like Water?It makes things a little more complicated, but there are ways around it. Luckily for you, there are lots of sparkling waters that taste great and make staying hydrated a little more fun. Sparkling waters are tasty ways to make sure your body is getting enough water. These drinks are carbonated and don’t have any calories, so having them with dinner or lunch is also a fun way to trick your mind into thinking that you’re splurging or having a treat.
Benefits Staying Hydrated Has on Your Body
- Keeps your joints healthy
- Maintains proper and smooth blood flow
- Helps you maintain good metabolism
- Can relieve things like headaches and constipation